Pop into Lady Lash for a brow shape and tint to freshen up your look.
At Lady Lash, we offer a range of treatments to bring out the best in your brows. From a simple brow tidy-up to a complete brow makeover, our experienced stylists will shape your brows to best suit your face. If you’re looking for more definition, we also offer brow tints that darken your brow hairs and can also stain the skin for further intensity. Pairing a brow wax and tint treatment is often a great way to brighten up your face and can be done in your lunch break! For a complete look, our stylists also offer a wax and tint special where you can enjoy a brow shape, tint and eyelash tint together!
Our brow tinting service includes a custom-mixed tint, which is tailored to your perfect colour – whether you’re a dark brunette, blonde or redhead, we have the shade for you. For those after more long-lasting definition, our senior stylists are also trained in the prestigious Henna Brows method, a natural yet longer-lasting brow treatment.
Our brow stylists know that everyone’s brow and skin needs are different, so we offer customised appointments for the ultimate brow experience. Both strip wax and hot wax are available, depending on which suits your skin. If you’re using skin-thinning medication, including retinol or retinoids, just let us know – we’re happy to create a neatly tweezed brow for those with delicate skin where waxing isn’t suitable. Just let our receptionists know what your preferences are upon booking, and your stylist will be ready when you arrive.
Wax & Tint Before & After
Wax & Tint Prices
- Available in blue-black or jet black, a tint is great for those with fair lashes to add extra darkness before extensions are applied. Discounted to $18 when combined with Eyelash Extensions
- Available in custom-created colours from very light brown to dark brown-black, and eyebrow tint gives your brows extra shape and definition, and is perfect for those with fairer brows wishing to match their gorgeous new lashes.
- Brows are waxed, tweezed and trimmed to perfection! Please let your brow stylist know if you do not want wax to be used – we can tweeze only for those with extra sensitive brows. Discounted to $22 when combined with Eyelash Extensions
- The Complete Brow Makeover includes consultation with senior brow stylist (10+ years experience), complete brow reshape, colour correction/tint and light brow makeup application if required.
FAQ’s about Wax & Tint
Yes you can – please book it in advance though to allow sufficient time. Please don’t get it done in a salon prior UNLESS you request that they do not, under any circumstances use vaseline or oily makeup removers as this can affect the bonding. We have adjusted our tinting process to not include vaseline or any oily products.
Yes – we have a variety of shades for the palest of blondes, to the darkest brunettes/raven haired. We also offer henna brows if you’re looking for a long-lasting dark brow stain.
Please be aware that lighter shades/tint that’s not left on for very long do not last as long as darker shades. So go with a slightly darker tint if you’re after longevity.
Yes, absolutely! Our brow stylists are very experienced in creating a natural yet neatly groomed brow for gentlemen. Lash and Brow tints are also surprisingly popular with men with paler/blonde to light brown features wanting to ‘awaken’ their face. All of our treatments can be modified so it looks as natural as possible. Henna brows (brushed on, not skin stain) is a popular option for those gentlemen with greying brow hairs they wish to disguise, as henna provides superior grey coverage.
Yes – and we often run wonderful specials combing multiple treatments – see our SPECIALS page for details
Yes, however we highly recommend a patch test prior, particularly if you are sensitive to dyes or tints. If you have had a previous allergic reaction to dye or tint, we would not recommend proceeding.
Lash lifting will usually strip out any existing tint – so we recommend tinting afterwards. If they are already tinted, it’s all ok, but we will need to tint them at the end of the lift procedure if you wish them to remain dark/tinted.
We recommend booking with us for this service if you are planning on it – as we do not use any Vaseline or oily products during the tinting process which many generalist beauty salons do (to ensure that the eyelash extensions are able to bond properly!). Most of the time a lash tint is not needed, however if you have pale lashes or are having a lite/half set, then we recommend it!
We recommend taking them out first, it will be much more comfortable.
Not normally, those with very sensitive eyes may experience a slight tingling sensation when we wash it off, but usually it does not sting.
It will last around 2-3 days on the skin (if you are wanting a skin stain), and a couple of weeks on the hair. Those wanting a deeper/longer lasting skin stain might prefer henna as it is does last significantly longer
Wax & Tint Video
Wax & Tint Contraindications
Brow waxing is one of the few skin-based treatments at Lady Lash and we like to ensure that our clients’ skin is suitable for a safe, comfortable procedure. However, there are some conditions where waxing may damage the skin. If you’re unsure about any of these contraindications, just chat to our team – they can always recommend an alternative! We offer both hot and strip wax, or book in for a brow tweeze/shape if you’re not certain waxing is for you.
We cannot perform a brow wax if:
- You have used Accutane, Roaccutane (retinoic acic) or other strong acne medications in the last six months. These medications have a thinning effect on the skin which makes brow waxing unsuitable.
- You have used retinol, topical Retin-A, ReTrieve (tretinoin) or other prescription skin medications in the last four weeks. These have similar effects to the above.
- You have had laser resurfacing, fraxel laser or skin needling in the last four weeks. These treatments leave skin very delicate for at least a month.
- You’ve had a BHA/AHA/glycolic acid peel in the brow area in the last four weeks.
Safe and simple beauty treatments are our speciality at Lady Lash. We like to make sure that all our tint clients have a comfortable experience with us and come out with great brows and lashes! Unfortunately, there are some circumstances where tints cannot be performed.
We cannot perform a tint if:
- You have had an allergic reaction to any form of tint (including hair dye) in the past.
- You have any sign of eczema, infection, cuts or scabbing in the brow area.
- For lash tinting – if you have eye inflammation, infection, or have had laser eye surgery in the past 3 months.
Please note: if you regularly use exfoliants/scrubs retinols, AHA or BHA-based products on the brow area, the tint treatment may not last well. Exfoliants encourage cell turnover, which means that tint tends to fade at a faster rate.